Original Art Quilts
Original Applique Quilts
Elsie’s quilts have been featured in various venues, including:
- International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX
- Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA
- Quiltfest Lancaster in Lancaster, PA
- Schweinfurth Memorial Art Gallery in Auburn, NY
- Earlville Opera House Multi-Arts Center in Earlville, NY
- Arts Center in Old Forge, NY
- Quilting By The Lake in Morrisville, NY
- Avenue Art Gallery in Endicott, NY
- Leidenfrost Vineyards in Hector, NY
- Tompkins County Visitors Center in Ithaca, NY
- Tompkins County Public Library in Ithaca, NY
A native of Ithaca, NY and a graduate of Cornell University, Elsie has worked as a graphic designer and illustrator in Ithaca, New York City, and most recently in Frederick, MD. She began piecing quilts in high school but her interest in, and knowledge of, quilting intensified when she worked at the American Folk Art Museum in New York City.
Spending many summers in the Adirondack Mountains provided endless inspiration for Elsie’s art. Nature abounds with fascinating shapes and patterns. The interplay of light and shadow captivates and challenges her to interpret them into visual fabric compositions.
Creating original quilt patterns and playing with a wide palette of fabrics to achieve the desired effects of light, color, and texture are the most rewarding parts of the process for this fiber artist. The more fabrics in a quilt…the better the adventure!